Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 2

Well alright this is the first night camping of the epic adventure. It doesn't seem all that epic right now, I gotta say. I have seen pretty much all of the Oregon coast so it all seemed pretty normal. Cesent City, CA which I am just outside of right now was only 20 miles from the border doesn't look all that different from what I am used to. Thick under brush and ferns and a whole lotta ocean the only difference is the massive Redwood trees. You hear about how large they are and how impressively tall they can grow, but untill you see some of these trees, you have no idea. If you just look at trunk size and compare it to, lets say and Douglas Fir, with the same trunk diamerter the redwood is twice as tall, very impressive. This is not to mention all the old stumps you see of the really old growth trees and then you just loose your mind trying to think about how tall the trees are.
I am in a camp ground in the Del Norte state forest with huge bear vault containers for everything.... Dinner was a little big of de-hydrated beef stroganoff, delicious... I am not just going to hang out for a bit and read my book cause it's hard to carry fire wood on a full motorcycle. Tomorrow is going to be the beginning of exploring new places I have never been and I am really excited cause I still don't feel like the trip has started yet.
To my father who very insitantly pushed me into getting a long sleeve mid weight shirt, which I was apposed to because I was headed to the desert. It is the only piece of clothing that I have worn the whole trip beside my chonch shorts...

No comments:

Post a Comment