Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day one-ish

Well I left Anacortes on the 22nd of July at about 11:30 because it was pretty socked in with fog. I made it to the Keystone ferry to Port Townsend about an hour before it left so I spent some time just reading and hanging out. Met some people on Harley's that were headed from Canada all the way around the sound. Spent most of the time talking engines because one of the guys was in the Canadian Coast Guard and now is an engineer on BC ferries. Well the rest of the trip went pretty easy down to Astoria. Spent a few days there and had a great time. This morning I went and saw and friend that I worked with a few years ago and was headed back to the place that Hillary was staying at and was turning into the driveway and a stupid SUV took a wide turn right when I was turning into the driveway and I turned a little sharp and dumped the bike right onto its side. I knew it would happen sooner or later I am just glad it was in public. The bike got a few little scratches but thats it and now I know that I can pick it up! Well I got on the road a little late around 2:15 or so today, the 25th of July. The traffic was really horrendous, it took me an hour to get out of Seaside which would normally take 20 mins from Astoria. It got pretty chilly about 20 miles outside of Tillamook so I stopped at a look out point to put my liner on and started talking to another biker on a 1200 gs and we chatted for 30 mins or so, pretty much about our bikes and what we have done and plans for the next upgrades. Anyway the rest of the trip down here to Newport, OR was just tons of traffic and tons of idiots. I decided to stay at a hotel cause I was riding till about 6:30 and just wanted to sleep quick and then get up early and start riding with out having to break down camp. Thats the quick update I will try to be more on time with these things as I have internet access. And I am getting better that this netbook tiny keyboard thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment