Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 4 - San Fransico

So today I woke up early to more fog that was thick enough to mist on everything. I got on the road about 8 and was back on the wonderful Highway 1 but it was little wet as well so I couldn't open her up. Just more flying down the California coast in the fog so I couldn't see anything so there was no where worthy to stop at to take any pictures. There was apart of the coast that looked like it should have belonged on the Scotland or Ireland coast but that Hwy 1 doesn't allow any stopping on the parts that I want to stop at. There are only turn offs for slower vehicals but there was never anything good at them. One little interesting bit I was coming out of a right hand corner and my foot whilst it was on the peg just lightly kissed the ground.... I thought my boxes or the crashbars would hit before my pegs but I was wrong. I toned it back a little after that but it was good to safely albiet scarry to find that limit.
Then still riding on the 1 you see a few cars then out of no where they were every where and then 1 more mile you were in civilization just like that no warning or anything. Then a few short miles and I was to the Golden Gate Bridge. I stopped at the top of the hill where there was an old army battery which I had no idea it was there. And while I was there apparently a plane crashed just out side the harbor. After a bit of hiking about I got on the highway to head to my friend Bryan's place. I got back on the highway and what a mad house that place was. I ended up riding down along the waterfront and the bike almost overheated but I got moving just in time battled through some more traffic and now I am here. I'll have to find something to do tomorrow because Bryan will be on duty but after that should be a good time running amuck in San Fransico and out lying areas.

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, it has been so foggy here as well. Day after day of it. Crazy summer weather! Glad you are having a great time in SF with Bryan painting the town red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Dad- Trying to set account to comment. Will be looking forward to seeing more updates. I hope you keep up the Blob; because people care. Wish I were riding with you and I hope to catch up with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun!! Be safe out there and keep up the blogs!

    ReplyDelete