Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 3

So here it is day 3 and the biggest thought it my head is this is just scratching the surface of the trip to come.
Today started out with a short 20 mile run to the "Tree's of Mystery" ( in a big ghoastly voice). It wasn't all the mysterious but impressive none the less. I will add some pictures when I have internet. The place just cemented the fact that the redwood tree is an amazing feat of nature. Their tenacity to grow is undaunting. Where one tree failed to reach sun light another one seems to sprout from the trunk and find its way which then keep the original tree nurished and still continued to grow, amazing. Took the tram to the top but everything was covered in fog, another reason why I haven't stopped much or taken very many pictures.
I then found my way on to US HWY 1 where I was determined to find the limits of my self and the motorcycle. So man twists and turns I had the largest smile on my face. Made a few scetchy passes so I could have the road to myself once again. For 22 miles the straightest section was only about 100 yards. Then you just burst right onto the coast with out even a hint of it except for the temperature. When I started on the 1 it was a comfortable 87 degrees then dropped to 60 on the coast where I stopped to have a snack and put on some warm clothes. The last person I passed ended up 10 mins behind me and I didn't stick around to see the others. There was a nice little ride to Fort Bragg where I topped off on fuel tomorrow and then came down here to Russian Gultch State park where I set up camp for the night. Tomorrow I will ride down in to San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge then up to Bryan's place. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment