Friday, July 16, 2010

In the beginning

This is my first time blogging and I am not to sure what to do here just yet but I thought I would lay out in short hand what this blog is going to be about.
I have just recently finished my tour with the US Coast Guard and had around 70 days of vacation saved up and was really trying to come to terms with what I was going to do in the "real" world. I have been looking and following adventure motorcycle forums and been looking at bikes and bike parts for quite some time now so I arrived at the conclusion that I was just going to get a bike and ride it around for a few months. Let me tell you it sounded a lot easier then what it has been looking like in the last week or so. So much stuff to think about as far and being prepared for the unknown and making sure that I have all the right stuff with out over loading the bike and the skills of myself as a rider.
A lot of people might call me crazy for doing this cause it really has been such short notice and with out much skill as a rider and then on top of that doing it by myself. But I have one thing to say, if not now, when? I think that learning and growing as a person is about putting your self in challenging situations and working your way of them all the while learning life's little lessons and about yourself and what your limits are as a person. I have been in a job where I work really hard but pretty much had everything laid out for me. I have been going on like a robot and just feeling like some one owns you and you have no control what so ever. So what and opportunity to just have myself telling me what to do.
So the only planned stop on this trip are to see my friend Bryan in California and Sam in Texas. I plan to wake up each morning and looking at an atlas finding a place to be the next night then looking how to get there. I am so luck to be able to do this especially on the bike that I was able to acquire, it's a 2009 BMW R 1200 GS, really the bike of my dreams and the bike that I have been lusting over for a long time. Well I think that is it for tonight, I am exhausted and am tired of my fat fingers pushing everything except the keys I want on this tiny Netbook.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck bruvva. We'll be following along with you! Be safe, and keep the rubber side down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Forbes, I am so glad you decided to do this trip. I know your mom will worry, but hey what are moms for right? Please keep me in mind specially if you are around california before school starts. Remember you have a friend here in Chico Ca. Please call me if you need anything, remember we have a BMW shop here in Chico even if you are traveling on the coast. I am glad you are doing this now. Like you said if not now when? Great to hear you are doing it. Merced Najera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting to hear up dates and sending you all our safe thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it dude, and more power to you with your decision to go out there and just ride. Have a wonderful time buddy, wish I could see you while I was home, but definitely understand the reason for your absense. Best of luck with your travels, be safe and I will surely see you sometime in the near future!

    Smooches

    ReplyDelete