Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Camp to Winthrop

Today I couldn't help but wake up early because in a few hours I knew I would be seeing a familure face. I was up and dawn and had to slow my self down so I wouldn't get on the road too early and end up waiting. So I was awake and stirring around so I decided to change my route then I found out that my Dad had left earlier than planned so I just flew right towards Winthrop. I was expecting a lot of traffic but was pretty much on my own until I got just out of Twisp, then it was a mad house. I finally made it to Winthrop and just I got into town I saw another 1200 gs and wasn't sure if it was my dad then I saw him a few feet from the bike so I slid the bike it through traffic and made it. We had lunch then went searching for a camp ground and again the first one we stopped at had a few spaces left so we set up the tent and dropped a few things off. We then headed further up the river and down a gravel road. We rode for several miles of gravel roads just exploring. Most of it my Dad has been on but in a truck. But I did fordge through my first river! Ok it was a concret gully and the water was only 2 inches deep but I went through it on the bike! We spent several hours just cruzing around then got back into town grabbed some beers and a few supplies and now we are just hanging out. It's finally nice to have some one at camp with you.

The trip isn't over quite yet but I still feel like I made a major milestone in the big picture. About 150 miles to go tomorrow then I will be home and ready to start the next chapter in what is called life...

No comments:

Post a Comment