Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last little leg.

I have no idea why I have been putting this off. I am sure people aren't waiting and reading anymore but I need to put this little bit back in.

We woke up at the campsite and my father was able to sleep well on MY air mattress and the one he brought deflated and made for a rough night. So enough I would be in a bed so no big deal. We got camp all packed up and hit the road. My dad lead for a bit and showed me a few things around Winthrop then I took over and made our way up in to the North Cascades National Park.
Now the wild thing was I have been in quite a few national parks and they always seemed like a circus. You waited in line to pay to get in then fought traffic albeit in the most beautiful places you will see. North Cascades National Park is none of those things. You just hop on HWY 20 and ride through it and it's just as beautiful and the rest of them.
There looked like a bit of clouds hanging around the mountain tops but we didn't expect to see a little bit of snow on the ride over the pass or for it to be 40 degrees. Needless to say I was freezing. I got all of my gear together thinking it was late summer and I will be riding through desert. It then rained off and on down the other side of the mountains. We stopped for a hotdog and when we did it absolutely poured rain. Luckily we didn't ride in the worst of it. From this point on knowing I would be done with the trip was a little surreal but it also seemed to drag on. Part of me wanted to just finish it because I was so close. The other part wanted to rest a few days and head out again. I knew that I needed to get on with the rest of my plans and get ready for school. Well if you are reading this there is going to be one more final post to put it all together. This really was a trip of a life time. But it wont be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment