Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yellowstone NP to Hamilton, MT

I was surprise this morning to see not a cloud in the sky which really brightened my day. It was f-ing cold though. I put on almost every layer of clothing I had on to get out of the campsite. Also this morning I almost forgot my Camelback, I got about 4 miles down the road before I had to turn back and grab it. I am lucky that this whole trip thats the only thing I have almost forgotten. The road has been pretty straight and fast again, the highway speed is 70 MPH. It has been mostly rolling hills and farm land. Thankfully there is so much to see on the road and they have decided to chip and seal the road instead of just putting down road snakes. For those of you who don't know road snakes is the tar they put in the cracks of the road to preserve them. For a motorcycle they are spots of not much traction so you feel the front tire slip and grip along the corners where they have placed road snakes.

I haven't regretted much this trip, but there were two old mining towns I wish I had stopped at but didn't here in Montana. I kept riding and was trying to find a camp ground but I was pretty sore from the last few days so I decided to grab a hotel here in Hamilton and grabbed some food and now just going to look for the next route to bring me to Winthrop, WA to meet up with my Dad before the trip to Anacortes.

No comments:

Post a Comment