Friday, August 20, 2010

Amarillo, TX to Pueblo West, CO

Today I just felt like it needed to get the hell out of Texas. That state is huge and feels like a black hole. Once I hit the north east corner of New Mexico things really started to change, for the better. MOUNTAINS!!! I thought I would never see hills, let alone mountains, again. The best part is the temperature, 85 degrees is a very comfortable temperature to ride in. Maybe I have adjusted to the heat a bit but it is very comfortable. I picked up a Colorado map and set my sights on a campsite are just outside of Colorado City and headed right there. I am really tired of hotels and was really looking forward to camping again. But there was a wrench thrown in my gears. There is a motorcycle trials competition thing weekend and all the campsites were full.... So I headed on my way to a state park where I saw a little camp site symbol on the map and tried to get there, but apparently it is not real. It was already dark and the next campsite symbol is about 60 miles away so I grabbed the first hotel I saw so I don't have to back track into the mountains. Tomorrow I am gonna head north and there are gold mines and caves to check out so I will be in this area for a few days and then I am going to try at some point to climb pikes peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment