Friday, August 13, 2010

Roswell, NM to Sonoma, TX

Pretty boring trip today. Very flat and very hot. The most excitement I had all day was I thought I was going to run out of gas. I first noticed it when the town of Ozona, TX was 103 miles away and I had about 140 miles worth of fuel left. I know that at or around 100 miles left of the range computer it starts to drop faster than every mile gone by. For example at 90 miles left on the computer I would ride 5 miles and there was and 80 mile range on the computer so you can see the dilemma. I tried to pull of to a gas station but it was all boarded up and I had to pee really REALLY bad, but I didn't want to stop and waist fuel accelerating back up to speed. After all that excitement I made it to Ozona with 19 miles to spare. That's all that happened today and I drank almost 2 gallons of water today and didn't pee as much as I thought I would have. As you can tell from what I am rambling about it was a boring day. Texas roads are terribly rough and the speed limit is minimum 65 MPH and 80 on I-10, with rough roads just beats the crap out of you so I am gonna get some sleep so I can get up early and get to San Antonio with some time to check out the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment