Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camp to Woodland Park, CO

I got my camp site together at about 9.... and rode a few miles south to catch up with HWY 24 again and I headed on my way up Pikes Peak. I knew they had talked about paving the road to the top and found there was about 4 miles of gravel and the rest was paved. I talked with an old timer who was there with his 55 year old son and he told me the reason why they hadn't paved the whole road is because there was another mountain with the record of the highest paved road. The view was spectacular, every direction you could see miles upon miles. The bike did wonderful a, s well, the only thing was stupid cars slowing me down!! After the trip up the mountain I decided to hit the Cave of the Winds and waited 2 hours to go on the Lamp light tour which was worth it. Seeing the parts of the cave that was not lit. There was a ghost side of the tour which was interesting. All in all I would recommend the lamp tour to anyone.
So today is also my birthday, I never thought I would be on a lone motorcycle trip during a birthday but all of the people who wished me a great day was very surprising.
Tomorrow I am going to go on the Gold mine tours then camp and then start to head north west again.
I hope that with all the pictures I have taken I can describe which each one means to all of you who have been following this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Missed you, birthday buddy, on our shared day. Beto called and wished us a great day. So good talking to you on our day; happy you had a great time exploring. There are times in ones life that to be alone is not the same as being lonely.

    ReplyDelete