Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jackson, WY

Today I woke up to near freezing conditions and put just about every layer I had on. I didn't bring much warm clothing because I was headed to the desert. Come to find out that up here at 6500 feet in late August it starts to get really cold at night but it stays in the 60's during the day. The cloud cover was pretty heavy and was supposed to rain so I thought I would grab a room in Jackson and just do the tourist thing. It did pour rain for the morning and then cleared up a bit. I just did laundry and hung out it was really nice to take a day off the bike. So after the whole tourist thing and laundry I went to see a movie. Before the movie I went into the Million Dollar Cowboy bar just because I can and the last time I was here was over 10 years ago. The place has saddles for bar stools but other than that its just a cowboy decorated bar. Today I am going to do a little more tourism and then find a spot to camp and fight the cold again. I do really want to check this place out in the winter and do some snowboarding on all the mountains you see here. Some day soon I will be back and see it during the wintertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment