Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'll call it day 2 again.

Second day on the road again and I had a great plan to get to Yosemite early so I could get a campsite, boy was I wrong. This place is a beautiful mad house/shit show. I talked to the campsite people and there were a few campsites still open so I told my self I would head right there and would grab one then go see the park. Well instead I spend the whole time checking the park out while trying to find a place to set up camp, with no camp to go back to. Oh and when it says the speed limit is 45 go at least 45 please, I know there is a lot to see but there are also a lot of places to pull off to see them. Anyway everyone tell all your friends and family or people you barely know that motorcycles can do everything twice as fast as people in cars, except stop for simple things like paying gate fees or going to the lou.

Enough rambling I went on this road today which I thought was awesome all the while it had a bit of pucker factor. It was an unimproved road with gravel, sand, pavement, and huge rocks. Very confidence inspiring for me, mainly because I didn't put the bike down... There were a few spots that I thought it would happen. Anyway I got all the way through the park and still no place to stay even in the 20 miles or so outside of the park. I got down to a little town called Lee Vining and all the hotels were full there. So from looking at the map and talking to my father the best idea was to head back through the park and try to find something on the west side. And I am glad I did cause there isn't much on the map on the east side of the mountains. So I am in a little town of 50 people in the last room they had left which is a little "cabin" more like a duplex. Anyway my plan tomorrow is to grab the closest camp ground and probably wake people up to leave so I can stay there then go down in to Yosemite Valley where all the popular stuff is. But from what I saw today it's gonna be hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment