Thursday, August 26, 2010

P.S. Estes Park

I had a pretty rough night last night. The bears came through camp at about 3 am last night and I had a hard time needless to say. I was lucky though the only thing I lost was my camp water bag, they ripped a nice hole right through it. I at first thought they were gonna wrestle my bike because all my food and smelly stuff was in the right pannier. But I think its air tight and kept the smells from escaping. So I got on the road and was gonna take a picture but the camera battery died so I found a little coffee shop and am writing this in the morning and I will write another one tonight about the days progression. I always think about so many things to write in here but always forget to write about them when it come time to sit down and write something. I was gonna write last night how nice people are in this state. I had a few people come up to me in the REI parking lot just talking bikes. This one fellow was curious about the waterproof bag I had on the back and come to find out while he was in Rowanda, Africa he met up with Ewen and Charlie as they were filming the Long Way Down and spent a few days with them. What an incredibly small world. Anyway just sitting here charging all my batteries and sipping on some coffee. Looking forward to the day.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts; so pleased you are having such an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete